Pens at the ready…it’s time for Cotsen’s annual writing competition! We challenge you to write a short, 350-word story that includes the sentence, “The image blurred, then darkened.” (just 345 words left to go!). Winning stories will be published in the Summer 2014 issue of the Picture Book Press, and the authors will enjoy a $50 shopping spree at Labyrinth Books!
Contest submissions are due by 3:00pm on Friday, March 14, 2014.
For ages 8-16. See below for submission requirements for this writing contest.
- Stories must be no longer than 350 words (but can be less than 350 words), and MUST include the sentence, “The image blurred, then darkened.”
- One submission per author, please.
- No poems, illustrations, or comics, please.
- One winner will be selected from each of our three age categories (ages 8-10, 11-13, and 14-16).
- Stories must be submitted via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The following MUST be included with your submission: Your name, age (as of March 14, 2014), and mailing address. Please make sure this information is on the SAME PAGE as your story!
- Winners will be notified via postal mail beginning March 21, 2014.